27. Farewell to Dr. Jose Guedes de Sena Filho -- we wish you the best of luck in Brazil! Jose returns to his position as Lab Analyst in the Soil microbiology lab at Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuaria (EMBRAPA) in Tabuleiros Costeiros, Aracaju-SE, Brazil, March 2013.
26. Congratulations to Dr. Jared Davis for accepting his new job as a Development Scientist at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, March 2013.
25. Dr. Jose Guedes de Sena Filho, is awarded first place in the Poster Competition at the 2nd Biotechnology World Congress in Dubai, UAE, February 2013.
24. Congratulations to Dan Spakowicz, Patrick Burns, Brian Dunican, Shou-ping (Pam) Wang, Carolyn Presley, and Dr. Katie Smith (pictured left to right) for winning first place in the 2012 Yale Life Sciences Case Competition! November 2012.
23. Recent graduate, Carly Shanahan, awarded Nucleic Acids Research Graduate Student Poster Presentation Award at FASEB Nucleic Acid Enzymes Conference, Snowmass Village, CO June 2012.
22. Graduate student, Meghan Griffin, awarded RNA Society Graduate Student Poster Presentation Award at FASEB Nucleic Acid Enzymes Conference, Snowmass Village, CO June 2012.
21. More than Mere Magic Mushrooms, This Could Be Big ABC News, April 2012.
20. Congratulations to Dr. Katie Smith for winning the Chemistry Dissertation Award, 2011
Fungus degradation of plastics highlighted by CNN,
New Haven Register, August 2011.
18. Strobel lab earns
Environmental Health and Safety Green Lab Certification, February
17. Bio prof is new West Campus czar, January 2011.
16. Strobel to head West Campus, December 2010.
15. Strobel named National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellow by the Department of Defense, May 2009.
14. Rainforest Expedition Course Highlighted in Chemical and Engineering News, November 10, 2008.
13. Graduate Students Griffin and Spakowicz Contribute to Discovery of Mycodiesel, November 3, 2008.
12. Strobel's at MSU and Yale collaborate to investigate mycodiesel, November 3, 2008.
11. Strobel named Henry Ford II Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, October 3, 2008.
10. Yale Undergrads’ Amazon Trip Yields A Treasure Trove of Diversity, August 2008.
9. Strobel's Students Rediscover Scientific 'Wonder' on Rain Forest Expedition, May 2008.
8. Yale University’s Strobel Recognized for Work on RNA, April, 2008.
7. Scott Strobel Wins the 2008 Schering-Plough Research Institute Award, February 2008.
6. Yale Graduate School Honors Three Outstanding Faculty Mentors, June 2007.
5. Going the Distance: Scientist takes students to the Amazon and back, November 2007.
4. Yale’s Strobel Named “Million-Dollar Professor” for Science Teaching Innovation, April, 2006.
3. As HHMI Professor, Strobel will take Students 'Bioprospecting', April 2006.
2. Team captures image of RNA splicing complex, June 2004.
1. Teaching Prizes Awarded at Yale College Class Day, May 2004.
Other Lab News:
Durga Thakral named a Goldwater Fellow, 2011 (Read the news)
Durga Tharkal named Beckman Scholar, 2010
Alicia Darnell named Beckman Scholar, 2010
Jonathan Russell named Beckman Scholar, 2009
Kingery named an NIH Predoctoral Fellow, 2009
Davis named an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 2009
Livingston named an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 2009
Michael Vishnevetsky named 2008-09 Beckman Scholar
Blair Benham-Pyle named 2008-09 Beckman Scholar
Stahley wins Mary Ellen Jones Dissertation Prize, MB&B, 2008
Griffin named an NSF Predoctoral Fellow, 2008
Davis named a James Hudson Brown-Coxe Postdoctoral Fellow, 2008
Sun Lee named a 2007-08 Beckman Scholar
Singh named a James Hudson Brown-Coxe Postdoctoral Fellow, 2007
Suydam named an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 2007
Hiller named an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 2007
Carrasco named an NIH Postdoctoral Fellow, 2005
Voorhees named a 2005-2006 Beckman and a Gates Cambridge scholar